The HomeSwapper Help Desk are a hugely important part of the HomeSwapper team; they’re the ones you’ll get in touch with if you want to talk through any technical difficulties, or if you’re confused by a process on the site.
Many of you will have spoken with our Help Desk over email for one reason or another during your time on HomeSwapper. We’ll be writing a new series introducing you to the team one by one – you’ll get to know what their role is within the team, why they love HomeSwapper, why they care about social housing tenants and why they got into the job in the first place.
Kicking off the series, we first wanted to let you know a little about the Help Desk as a team and how it all works. Here’s our quick facts about the team:
- The Help Desk is made up of 6 staff members: Dot, Tammy, Jackie, Abi, Debbie and Nirvana (who is currently on maternity leave and will be returning in 2019)
- Dot, Tammy and Abi are on hand to answer your questions Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Jackie and Team Leader, Debbie both work part-time on the Help Desk
- The Help Desk is the first point of contact for all tenant and landlord queries on HomeSwapper
- The team work on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, which is why they can only be contacted by email. When an email query comes in, it raises a ‘ticket’, which gets placed in a queue for a member of the team to reply to – this makes sure that the system is worked fairly!
- The ticket at the top of the list will go to the next available Help Desk member – the Help Desk email back to every response that comes in!
- The current target on the Help Desk is to respond to queries within 48 hours of receiving them
- Last month (October 2018) the team received a total of 12,129 HomeSwapper tickets!
- If the question is very technical and they don’t have the answer immediately to hand, Help Desk members will often seek guidance from our technical development team – the ones responsible for building HomeSwapper – to make sure they get the problem fixed in the most efficient way
- Like a lot of people, our Monday mornings can be a bit crazy! Please remember that response times may be a little slower as the team have to catch up with all the emails we’ve received over the weekend.